Skip to main content

Shocker! See Why Alex Iwobi Keeps His Lips Shut During The Recitation Of Nigerian National Anthem

Arsenal star and Nigerian international, Alex Iwobi has admitted he can’t stringe the lines of the Nigeria national anthem correctly.


Iwobi, who scored the goal that saw the Super Eagles to the Russia World Cup against Zambia made the revelation while being quizzed by Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry and Philadelphia Eagles star, Jay Ajayi.
Iwobi stated he did not know the words to the Nigerian national anthem too well, suggesting that he mouths along to the anthem when the camera was focused on him before the start of international matches.
He said: “I know it but I don’t know it well. When they are recording, the camera comes on you I know what to say. For the Nigerian viewers I do know it.”
The Hale End Academy product was also quizzed about scoring the goal that qualified the Super Eagles for the 2018 World Cup and he said: “When I scored I saw my parents in the crowd, I was almost crying. It was a nice feeling.”
On how nervous he was when he met Thierry Henry for the first time, Iwobi answered: “I met him when I was a kid for the first time, so was young, I was excited. I was in Arsenal academy. I was very young.’’
Asked if he watched the Super Bowl, Iwobi said: “Honestly no, honestly no. Sleep went to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D'VOICE (My Dance praise jam)

Akunna Chimezie Miracle a.k.a  D'VOICE is a graduate of imo state University from the department of business management/administration. He is a multi talented individual

TRAGIC!!! Young Man Butchered Brutally To Death In Rivers State

A young man was found butchered to death this morning at Igwuruta Area of Portharcourt, Rivers State.

PDP Senators Who Were Denied Access Into The National Assembly Force Their Way In… In Order To Stop Saraki’s Impeachment By APC!!!

PDP senators  who were prevented from entering the National Assembly  this morning, have forced their way into the National Assembly but the DSS have blocked the entrance into the senate chambers.

“Ain’t Nothing Like Home, I Love Y’all’ – Rick Ross Thanks Fans As He Shares First Photos After Hospitalization

Rap Mogul, Rick Ross took to Instagram on Thursday to thank his fans for their prayers and messages after being hospitalized for an unspecified heart condition.

OTEDOLA AND DANGOTE SPLASH MILLIONS ON SUPER EAGLES

  The Super Eagles Hotel la Rabidou camp in Garoua came alive on Wednesday with the visit of Central Bank Governor Godwin Emefiele as well as business moguls, Femi Otedola and Aliko Dangote. T he trio visited the team’s camp at lunchtime along

Watch The Shocking Video Of Jamb Clerk, Philomina Chieshe Telling Auditors… How The Snake Mysteriously Swallowed N36 Million!

The Sun News Nigeria has released video evidence of the shocking moment a sales clerk,  Philomina Chieshe , in the Makurdi, Benue office of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Your Songs Are Predictable, Repetitive And Boring These Days” – Nigerian Journalist Tells Wizkid

A Nigerian journalist, who’s on Facebook as, Tofarati Gt Ige took to his page on the platform to tell popular Afro-pop singer, Wizkid, the nature of his music is gradually dissolving.

Download Asake – Joha

  JOHA , taken from Asake’s debut album- “ Mr Money With The Vibe ” which consists of 12 tracks with two featuring;  Russ  and  Burna Boy , is produced by Magicsticks.When Ahmed Ololade put out his  Ololade Asake EP  in February 2022, few people knew what to expect from an eclectic artist whose

Agents OF S.H.I.E.L.D' star Powers Boothe dies at 68

Award-winning American Actor,  Powers Boothe, known for his remarkable roles in 'Sin City,' 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,' and 'Deadwood,' has died at the age of 68. According to his publicist, Karen Samfilippo, she said the actor passed away Sunday of natural causes i

Imo leads with 92,890 candidates, as 2018 UTME begins

Matriculation Board, JAMB, begins the conduct of the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination  Friday, Imo State has recorded the highest number